6 Natural Ways to Prevent Nasolabial Folds
The nasolabial folds, commonly known as “smile lines” or “laugh lines”, are facial features. They are the two skin folds that run from each side of the nose to the corners of the mouth. They are defined by facial structures that support the buccal fat pad (Wikipedia).
Although these “smile lines” may be considered signs of a happy, joyful and well-lived life, many find them bothersome. Looking to reduce these fine lines? See our helpful tips below!
- Be Sun Savvy: Protect your skin with sunscreen and wear a hat before stepping out into the sun. Prolonged sun exposure increases the formation of nasolabial folds and loosens the skin.
- Skip the Smoke: The harsh chemicals in cigarettes accelerate the aging process by as much as 40%! The physical action of smoking can also increase the presence different wrinkles and dryness around the lips, mouth cheek and jaw area. Smoking also causes blood vessels to narrow which can lead to lessening blood flow which will affect the health of your skin.
- Watch the Scale: Frequent weight gain or loss can contribute to the formation of nasolabial folds. Rapid weight loss leads to looser skin, especially in the facial area. Weight gain tends to make the face plumper and fuller looking, adding pressure around the nasolabial folds which can make the lines more pronounced.
- Sleep Smart: Did you know that side sleeping can contribute to nasolabial folds and other facial wrinkles? Side sleeping can add too much pressure against the cheek that can lead to the formation of sleep-induced accelerated aging.
- Strengthen Facial Muscles: Facial muscles tend to weaken as we age. Step up your facial muscle game with a daily massage! Try LaVigne Natural Skincare’s Facial Massage Rollers: Awaken your skin with the soothing vibrations of LaVigne Naturals’ facial massage rollers. Massage daily to promote blood circulation for glowing, healthier looking skin, release tension within the facial muscles, cool the skin to reduce puffiness and under-eye bags, improve skin elasticity, and lymphatic drainage. Made with high quality materials, the double-headed rollers make these centuries old beauty tools perfect for all facial structures and skin types. For best-possible results, we recommend pairing your LaVigne Natural Skincare Facial Massage Roller of choice with our best-selling Vitamin C Serum.
- Hydrate like a Pro: Try LaVigne Natural Skincare’s Plump and Firm Tri-Active Peptide Cream: Nature comes to the rescue with Plump and Firm! If results are what you’re looking for then you will absolutely love our Peptide Cream which boosts the skin’s natural regenerative potential in the areas you need it most, the face and neck. This powerful, peptide enhanced formula also offers a nurturing cream which delivers three natural oils well suited to harmoniously balance within the skin. Mildly exfoliating Glycolic Acid encourages cellular renewal, while Hyaluronic Acid helps to regulate hydration levels and minimize fine lines.